Faster to Any Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Kendall County arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Flooding and water emergencies don't wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Kendall County provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week-including all holidays.
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – (630) 554-2280
SERVPRO of Kendall County is Ready for When Storms Hit
SERVPRO of Kendall County has experience restoring homes affected by storms and flooding. We can respond immediately with highly trained technicians who employ specialized equipment and techniques to restore your home or business back to pre-storm condition as quickly as possible.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit Oswego area, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite disaster recovery teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today (630) 554-2280.
Dryer Vent Cleaning
Dryer vent cleaning prevents fires. If you live in Oswego or any other area within Kendall County, you will want to make sure that your home is completely safe. Whether by flooding, fire or some other mishap, there are plenty of ways that your property can be threatened. One of the best ways to ensure that you are prepared for a catastrophic emergency is always to have a local residential and commercial property cleanup and restoration service.
Dryer Vent Cleaning Prevents Fires
Keep your property from sustaining irreversible fire damage. Making sure your dryer vents are clean and free from obstruction will help keep your property safe from the possibility of a fire. It's also an excellent precaution to take to keep the air in the building from getting choked up with dust, lint and other health hazards that can accumulate in a dryer vent.
Get Help from a Local Cleanup and Restoration Service
It's up to you to contact an expert local cleaning and fire restoration service to ensure that your vents get cleaned in a correct and timely fashion. When you are in doubt as to whether the vents or other areas in your home are functioning correctly, a good, thorough cleaning is never a bad idea.
Even if it turns out that your property is not quite yet due for a full cleaning, a reputable local cleanup service can help such as removing any excess pollen or debris that has accumulated in the vents. This way, you can save a great deal of time, money and worry by taking timely preventative measures. Keeping the proper level of air quality in your home or commercial building will go a long way toward keeping the structure safe for your family or employees to inhabit. An expert local service will ultimately save you a great deal of time and stress.
Expert Help for Dryer Vent Cleaning Is Available
At SERVPRO of Kendall County, we know that dryer vent cleaning in Oswego prevents fires. This is only one of the many services that we can provide for you to make sure that your home or commercial property will be safe against the event of an unforeseen mishap or emergency. If an emergency should befall your property, you'll want to call a service that can get to you in a prompt and timely manner.
What Can I Do to Prevent Mold From Growing in My Home?
Since mold needs a food source and moisture to grow, the best thing you can do is to prevent moisture problems that allow mold to grow.
- Maintain lower levels of humidity in your home (preferably between 30-50%) by: venting bathrooms and dryers to the outside; using air conditioners and de-humidifiers; increasing ventilation by adding crawlspace and attic vents; using exhaust fans when cooking, dishwashing, and cleaning, etc.
- Add insulation to reduce the potential for condensation on cold surfaces such as windows, pipes, exterior walls, roofs, or floors.
- Inspect your home regularly for indications and sources of indoor moisture such as leaking pipes, appliance hoses, showers, tubs, sinks and toilets. Replace plastic hoses with steel-reinforced hoses. Check windows, doors, attics and ceilings for leaks or evidence of water stains or odors, particularly after rains. Fix plumbing, flashing, and roof leaks right away.
- Don't carpet bathrooms, basements, kitchens or other areas prone to moisture. Clean bathrooms often and keep surfaces dry.
- Cover dirt in crawlspaces with a moisture barrier plastic sheeting.
- Prevent water from entering basements and crawlspaces by repairing holes and cracks in walls and foundation. Use landscaping to direct water away from your foundation.
- Clean and maintain your gutters and make sure drainpipes carry water several feet away from your home.
- Watch your utility bills. An abnormally high water bill could signal a water leak.
- Before you travel, turn off the water at the main valve. Have a trusted friend or neighbor check the inside and outside of your home periodically while you're away.
If you think you may have a mold issue or signs of mold growth in your home call SERVPRO of Kendall County at 630-554-2280
Commercial Flood Preparedness
The weather has been very unpredictable the past few weeks in our area. We have experience heavy rains in a short period of time causing the sewer systems to back up and streets to flood.
If you see there is a flash flood watch, this means that a flash flood is possible. A flash flood warning means that a flood is about to happen or already taking place. If a flash flood occurs, you should make sure everyone gets to higher ground as quickly as possible.
Your business can prepare for any potential disaster, including flash floods. Keep all essential equipment and documents elevated from the floor. Ideally, they should be stored on the second floor of the building or higher. Back-up electronic data daily to cloud storage or to an external drive so the files can still be accessed in the event of a disaster.
It is a good idea to have a battery-powered radio available on-site or even some sand bags to help with water absorption. In case of a power outage, you and your staff can keep updated on the current conditions. (FEMA) The Federal Emergency Management Agency provides a list of recommended sites in the event of a disaster, such as a flashlight and first aid kit.
You can also check with the National Weather Service to get more tips on safety during flooding.
SERVPRO of Kendall County can help your business get back on track after flooding or other disasters. Call us today for more information or a free inspection 630-554-2280
Sewer Damageand Drain Back Upcan cause serious damage to Oswego area homes. They also present health risks and should only be cleaned by certified water damage professionals. SERVPRO of Kendall County technicians are trained to deal with sewer damage issues.
Some examples include, but are not limited to: sewage, toilet backflows that originate from beyond the toilet trap regardless of visible content or color.
Below are some basic procedures for clean up
- Identify ALL safety issues
- Determine source or Sewer back up and get problem fixed as quickly as possible
- Extract materials and/or remove all standing water
- Apply EPA registered disinfectant
- Remove and discard all contaminated porous and semi-porous structural materials included carpet and pad
- Measure and document all moisture levels in affected areas.
- Install barriers to contain damaged areas
- Install drying equipment
- Monitor job daily.
- Once completely dry. Clean all areas prior to rebuild.
When your Oswego home or business has a sewer back up, rely on the professionals at SERVPRO of Kendall County. For a free estimate call 630-554-2280
Commercial Business Ready
Commercial Property owners and Property Managers are entrusted with keeping their businesses operational. When Disaster Strikes, SERVPRO of Kendall County is here to help make it “Like it never even happened.” Facilities Managers rely on us to be ready for Whatever Happens.
General Adjusters and Consulting firms from around the Chicago land area trust SERVPRO of Kendall County with their most complex claims. Some of our specialties include
- Small Office Buildings
- Large Office/High-Rise Office Buildings
- Apartment Buildings
- Commercial Reconstruction
- Small Retail Stores
- Large Retail/Big-Box Stores
- High-Rise Residential
- Manufacturing & Industrial
- Commercial Disaster Recovery Services
- We are available around the clock to get your business back up and running. Our expertise includes restoration services for fire and water damage, including electronics restoration and document drying. We are also your business’s best resource for mold remediation. Learn more about our commercial restoration services by calling SERVPRO of Kendall County at 630-554-2280.
Before Your Mold Remediation Appointment
We are available 24 hours per day. Before your appointment, be sure to:
- Inventory damaged and missing goods for your insurance claim.
- Throw away all sealed and unsealed food and beverage contacted by storm flood waters.
- Open windows and doors.
- Refrain from using electrical devices until it is safe.
- Remove standing water when possible.
- Use dehumidifiers and fans to ventilate your home; SERVPRO of Kendall County can perform this task upon arrival.
Our mold remediation technicians will also determine if any contents in your home are salvageable. Porous items that are wet for over 48 hours and cannot be completely dried and cleaned must be disposed of.
This list includes
Carpet, carpet padding, ceiling tiles, clothing, drywall, floor tiles, insulation, leather goods, paper, upholstery, wallpaper and wood items. When our mold remediation expert arrives, he will:
- Apply biocides.
- Decide whether or not you can stay in your house during the mold remediation process.
- Determine if additional ventilation and containment is needed.
- Look for mold in the HVAC system and biological hazards in the home.
- Test for any additional mold after the mold remediation process.
- Use quick structural drying techniques.
Commercial Fire Checklist
The fire services recommend this checklist to assist your small business in preventing damage that could be caused by fire:
- Avoid storing or stockpiling flammable materials such as packaging materials or waste where they could be accessed by the public, including areas immediately outside your business premises.
- Make sure all machinery is serviced as recommended by manufacturers and is kept clean. If possible, switch machinery off when the business is unattended.
- Secure all doors, windows or other access points when the business is unattended, and make sure your business has adequate lighting to deter trespassers.
- Ensure your business has an adequately serviced and functional fire alarm system that is suitable to your small business example: Remote serviced alarm systems, sprinkler systems, thermal or smoke alarms etc.
- If your business stores dangerous goods, ensure their storage and use adheres to legislative requirements.
- Make sure your business has a written and practiced fire escape plan that includes full staff lists and designated meeting points.
Water Damage Services
Chicago is called the "windy city" but sometimes it feels like it should be called the "city of flooded basements." Over the past few years, there has been an increase of flooding in the Chicago area and that's worth paying attention to.
When it comes to water damage, it can cost you more if you ignore it. Most homeowners and business owners only think of the costs of replacing products, equipment and personal property. But what about those other costs? You also have to consider costs that you might pay such as rent, loans, wages, etc. Not to mention your business would lose operating profit from not being open and the inconvenience of having to relocate.
SERVPRO of Kendall County specializes in water mitigation and restoration services. We have completed numerous restoration projects in the Oswego area. Our technicians are thoroughly trained both on-site as well as classroom instruction on restoration best practices.
Here are a few of the water damage restoration services we provide:
- Water removal
- Damage restoration
- Clothing restoration
- Electronics repair
- Deodorization and carpet cleaning
- Photo documentation of the site