Duct Cleaning Maintenance
Duct Cleaning Process:
- The process begins by using patented equipment including a roto-scraper, which automatically adapts to the duct's shape in diameter while traveling through the duct, removing debris and filth before vacuuming begins.
- Next, a powerful push-pull air delivery and collection system transfers the debris from the ducting to a 16-gallon container.
- Air is filtered through a HEPA filtration system, removing 99.97 percent of particles in the airstream. HEPA filters capture debris and keep the environment clean.
- As an optional process, a sealant or coating product may be sprayed to address odor to microbial concerns.
- Filters will either be cleaned or replaced to remove odor and dirt.
- Duct cleaning may not always be necessary. SERVPRO of Kendall County will inspect your HVAC system and duct work and make recommendations about the best way to address any indoor air quality concerns. This inspection can save you money and provide peace of mind on the health of your HVAC system and duct work.
SERVPRO of Kendall County 630-554-2280
Fire Damaged Contents in Kendall County
Smoke damaged contents from a Kitchen fire in Oswego
When it comes to cleaning smoked-damaged contents after a residential or commercial fire here in Kendall County, the variety of contents in a typical job requires restorers to utilize a variety of cleaning methods.
Here is a quick description of each method of content cleaning:
- Dry Cleaning - Removes light to medium nongrease-based soils.
- Wet Cleaning - Removes moderate to heavy residues. The process involves cleaning using water, with or without a cleaning agent.
- Spray and Wipe - Apply a cleaning product using a spray bottle. After spraying, wipe the surface with a clean white towel. This method is effective for materials possibly damaged if saturated with cleaning product.
- Foam Cleaning - Effective for light residues or delicate materials. Clean with the foam of a cleaning agent rather than the liquid
- Abrasive Cleaning - Agitates the surface being cleaned. Apply a cleaning product containing abrasive ingredients
- Immersion Cleaning - Dipping contents items into a bath of cleaning product. This bath is an ultrasonic tank filled with water and cleaning solution. High-frequency sound waves then create high temperatures and microscopic jet streams of fluid to agitate and scrub contents.
SERVPRO recommends that you DO NOT attempt to clean smoke-damaged surfaces or contents yourself, and call the professionals here at SERVPRO of Kendall County. Our office number is (630)554-2280.
Mold in your Oswego or Montgomery home
Mold has been around forever because mold is a naturally occurring microscopic fungi that can be found almost anywhere. However, you don't want it in your home or business. SERVPRO of Kendall County is your local certified Mold Remediation company.
Here are a few key years regarding the history of mold awareness.
- 2001 Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Guidelines for Schools and Commercial Buildings (www.epa.gov)
- 2003 OSHA Safety and Health Information Bulletin
- 2003 IICRC Standard and Reference Guide for Professional Mold Remediation (S520) (www.IICRC.org/s520info.shtml )
- 2006 National Indoor Mold Society is formed (http://afamerica.com/nims/)
- 2008 IICRC Standard and Reference Guide (S520) 2nd Edition is released
- 2009 EPA Designates September as National Indoor Toxic Mold Awareness Month
Litigation Prior to 1993 Was Limited:
- Initial cases were:
- Faulty construction
- Lawsuits are in state and federal court
- Regulatory Organizations such as State Health Agencies, State Attorney Generals and the outcome of litigation are defining the future of how we conduct mold mitigation and remediation and how mold liability is handled.
SERVPRO of Kendall requires that our technicians become certified through the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC). The IICRC S520 Standard and Reference Guide for Professional Mold Remediation.
Call SERVPRO of Kendall County today for any and all mold questions or concerns. 630-554-2280
Commercial Fire and Water Damage Restoration
Emergency Ready Profile for your business here in Kendall County
Large Loss Response Team and Disaster Recovery Teams are SERVPRO's elite franchises placed throughout the country to respond Faster to Any Sized Disaster.
The best way to reduce business interruption following a disaster is to plan for it NOW.
As many as 50% of businesses may never recover following a disaster, according to the latest industry research. Of the businesses that survive, the overwhelming majority of them had a preparedness plan in place. Pre-planning can serve as an insurance policy aimed at peace of mind.
By developing a SERVPRO® Emergency READY Profile for your business, you minimize business interruption by having an immediate plan of action. Knowing what to do and what to expect in advance is the key to timely mitigation and can help minimize how water and fire damage can affect your business.
Are You Ready?
Preparation is a key component for making it through any size disaster, whether it’s a small water leak, a large fire or an area flood. The best time for planning for such events is not when the event happens, but well before it happens. No one ever plans on a disaster, but you can plan for it. Now is the time to ask yourself, “Are you ready for whatever could happen?”
The SERVPRO® Emergency READY Profile is a start up approach that provides the critical information needed to begin mitigation and recovery services. It is designed to serve as a quick reference of important building and contact information. By working with SERVPRO’s Emergency READY Profile, your business will receive the benefit of over 40 years of experience in reducing the impact of any natural or man-made disaster.
SERVPRO® is a leader in water and fire damage response and can help you quickly get your property back in working order.
The SERVPRO® Emergency READY Profile is a no cost assessment of your facility. It provides:
- A concise Profile Document that contains only the critical information needed in the event of an emergency - a guide to help you get back into your building following a disaster.
- Identification of the line of command for authorizing work to begin. This saves time so we can begin the work of mitigating the damage which can save you time and money.
- Facility details such as shut-off valve locations, priority areas and priority contact information. Having a quick reference of what to do, how to do it and who to call provides solutions in advance of an emergency so that during the emergency you are “Ready for whatever happens.”
At SERVPRO of Kendall County - we are committed to partnering with our commercial clients to reduce business interruption in the event of any type of disaster. To this end - we also work very closely with the Red Cross - leveraging their resources and capabilities to supplement our own when disaster strikes.
Call us at 630-554-2280 to get started - it costs you nothing. Not making the call may be VERY costly. You can also visit our Website for more details.
Water Damage Yorkville and Aurora
Water damaged basement due to a broken pipe
With all the rain and snow, it’s very important to notice the signs of water damage and know what precautions to take to prevent it. Properties today are well built and insulated, however, they also have the unfortunate ability to trap excess moisture and condensation inside. Here are some tips for identifying problems before there is damage:
Signs to Recognize
- Rust stains on the ceiling that appear around light fixtures.
- Mildew along ceilings, walls and baseboard edges.
- Condensation buildup along Windows and cold surfaces.
- Musty odors.
- Growth of mold and mildew in areas around your home.
Keep proper circulation and ventilation throughout your home to avoid the buildup of condensation. Maintaining fixtures such as faucets and toilets is a great way to prevent leakage and dripping. To control humidity in your home, invest in a portable dehumidifier and keep it in areas such as the basement where it may be very damp. Storm windows are a great investment, as well, to keep condensation from building up on windows.
Listen up for any hissing sounds because this could possibly mean a leak in the water line. Check periodically around the water heater, under sinks, and behind clothes washers for signs of leaking. These places are usually hard-to-reach and are often forgotten about. The filter and ice maker lines to your refrigerator should also be monitored.
Discolored floor coverings usually indicate a sign of a leak. Loose or damaged plumbing fixtures are usually the causes of water stains and wetness. The wax ring at the base of the toilet may deteriorate because of moisture, but this can be easily replaced.
If you find any of these signs in your home, don’t hesitate to call SERVPRO of Kendall County. We will eliminate any water damage within your home and make it look, "Like it never even happened.” For more information about cleaning up water damage in your Yorkville home, please reach out to our office 630-554-2280
Fire damage at Commercial Building
Commercial cleaning of a Percussion School
Whether your business is a small retail store or a multi-building campus of buildings, SERVPRO of Kendall County has the expertise and the equipment to handle any fire, water, or mold emergency in central Indiana.
Commercial Water Damage
Water damage can happen in many ways. In apartment complexes, there could be an overflowing bathtub or toilet that causes damage in the complex. A frozen pipe in a warehouse could burst and cause extensive damage. A burst pipe or a leaking roof in a manufacturing plant can shut down the production line causing huge losses. When any of these events happens, it’s important to call water damage professionals immediately in order to alleviate the damage. When hiring a water damage cleanup company, it’s important to make sure they have the expertise and equipment to such a large job.
Commercial Fire Damage
Even the smallest of fires can result in extensive damage to a building. While the fire itself can be isolated and extinguished quickly, the culprit of most damage after a fire is the smoke. Smoke can get into the duct work and quickly spread throughout the building. With fire and smoke damage, it’s important to hire fire restoration professionals that can quickly restore your business, your warehouse, your facility, or your residential complex.
Commercial Mold Remediation
Mold is the result of a moisture problem that has usually been neglected. This can be the result of a leaky pipe that is hidden behind a wall or in a ceiling. Mold can also grow quickly when there has been water damage from the contaminated water like a broken sewer pipe or flooding from a nearby river or stream. Contaminated water, also known as gray water or black water, can quickly promote mold growth in less than 24 hours. If not treated, it can quickly grow and cause not only property damage but potential health risks among inhabitants.
Commercial Storm Damage Cleanup
Storms can cause all types of damage to a building. They can cause flooding from rising rivers. They cause water leaks from damaged roofs. They can cause fires from lightning strikes. Tornadoes and high winds can break windows, tear down walls, rip off roofs, and in the worst cases they can level the entire building. A professional fire and water restoration company has the equipment, experience, and knowledge to handle any type of storm damage.
Damage to a business can come in many forms. From fire to flooding to water damage to storm damage and everything in between, SERVPRO of Kendall County has the experience, equipment, and expertise to make it like it never happened. Whether you have a small store or a multi-building complex, call the commercial restoration, remediation, and cleaning experts at SERVPRO of Kendall County at 630-554-2280.
When Storms or Floods hit Kendall County & Streamwood, Bartlett and West Chicago , SERVPRO is ready!
Our highly trained crews are ready to respond 24/7 to storm or flood damage in Kendall County & Streamwood, Bartlett and West Chicago .
SERVPRO of Kendall County & Streamwood, Bartlett and West Chicago specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit Kendall County & Streamwood, Bartlett and West Chicago, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today
Kendall County 630-554-2280
Streamwood, Bartlett and West Chicago 630-562-9212
24 Hour Emergency Water Damage Service
Your dependable SERVPRO of Kendall County team.
SERVPRO of Kendall County is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help
Call Today - 630-554-2280
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of Kendall County has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
About SERVPRO of Kendall County
SERVPRO of Kendall County specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
SERVPRO of Kendall County - 5 Star Rating - Fire Victim
Lock 630.554.2280 into your phone!
Its been a little over 2 weeks since our fire. I dont know what we would do without Steve and his entire team!! From day 1, we havent been alone. They have been here every step of the way! They are a company with so much integrity. Everyone that we have met thus far have touched our hearts in so many ways!! Its not just a job for these people, they All truly care!! Its never what we cant do, its what we can do!!! There is not a day that goes by without a story I tell friends or family about our SERVPRO Team!! They dont miss a beat!!